Helpful Hints for Couples
Here at Arthur Murray Dance Centers we specialize in teaching couples to dance. Teaching couples is different from teaching individuals and requires special care.
Teachers are trained to make learning fun and easy, and you can help by remembering the following:
- Let your teacher do the teaching. This means avoid finding fault with each other which can be distracting.
- It’s not how many steps you know; it’s how you execute them. (You always notice good dancers by how they move, not by how many patterns they do.) Learning too many steps too soon results in bad habits and frustration at not executing them properly.
- In teaching couples, we have learned that men typically progress slower because they have more to do and tend to be more analytical or mechanical. Women, on the other hand, feel movement quicker and therefore, THE LADY MUST TRY TO BE PATIENT AND NOT EXPECT TOO MUCH TOO SOON.
- It’s important to keep your lessons close together, and more importantly to use them in close conjunction with group lessons and practice lessons. Ideally, each visit should be scheduled to include more than one activity. This will aid you in making speedy progress and gaining confidence in your dancing in a shorter period of time.
- Communicate with your teacher so that he or she will know what to teach you and the way you like to be taught. The more we know about your dance needs the better we can plan your lessons now and prepare your future program.
- At Arthur Murray, your dream can become a reality whether you just want to dance for fun or want to be a dancing pro. The sky is your limit if you want to learn just one dance or learn them all they’ll gladly teach them to you not only do they make learning the dances simple and easy they will still give you challenges along the way that will help you as you go along.-Cayla S.
- Came in for my first lesson with Gabe and fell in love with this place. I'm pretty sure I didn't stop smiling the entire 40 minutes and that hasn't changed. I look forward to each and every time I walk thru those doors. Gabe, Sean and Robert are amazing and I can't wait to see what the future holds!!Bridget Redman
- What a great Saturday "date" place for my husband and I.Angie Hernandez
- I loved the lesson Sean and Gabe gave some of us on Wednesday! I'll be bahhkkk!Elena Parsons-Wilson
- Absolutely loved learning to dance today. Gabe made it feel so comfortable for my husband and I being beginners.Carmen Hurtado Gilchrist
- So excited to see this studio grow to the success that it deserves! Hardworking professionals that are excited to bring ballroom lessons to North Tampa. Give a call for a free sample, I know you will be back for more!! They will make you feel like a pro and have fun at the same time!Laura Chiccino Whitstine